Is it true that we are in control of everything we realize, allow and do? Do we have the power to control, dominate or manipulate others’ behaviors to our own ends? Are we so self-absorbed that we cannot see how our behaviors are manifesting our ego’s selfish agendas? Could it be that we are so programmed from birth in our societies to look out for number one more than look out for every one?
We are an aggregate of many things that we decide are either beneficial to us or detrimental to us. We move toward what makes us experience pleasureand we move away from what brings us pain. We live our lives looking for what allows us to be joyous and ultimately happy, when in fact we already are within. We don’t experience joy and happiness because we keep looking outside of ourselves instead of looking within.
It is up to us to choose exactly what we desire the most in our lives OVER the immediate and selfish yearnings of self-gratification. By allowing our greater good to flow through us instead of striving to fulfill the yearnings of our egos, we move closer to unfolding our Divine purposes in Divine order. It is in our realization of our divine purpose that we begin to become whom and what we were created to be. It is in our allowance of Divine guidance that we learn how to become whom and what we were created to be. It is in our knowing
- When we allow our egos to retaliate, we have lost control.
- When we allow our egos to judge another instead of their behavior, we have lost control.
- When we allow our limited senses to misdirect us, we have lost control.
- When we allow our beliefs to blind us to the truth, we have lost control.
- When we realize that we have lost control, we have gained insight.
- When we have gained insight, we realize that we were never in control.
- When we know that we were never in control, we start to allow that which is beyond our control to control our lives.
- When we allow what is beyond us to control our lives, we are becoming whom and what we were created to be.
- When we live in grace, Divine love and ongoing peace we are allowing and being whom and what we were created to be; now and evermore.
Be that which you were created to be now and evermore! ~Dean A. Banks, D.D. (Spirituality Guidance Channel)